Large animal veterinarians are vital to a safe food supply in the U.S., and they are great contributors to the economic prosperity of rural communities. Durvet is looking to provide $1,000 scholarships to veterinary students that intend to work in a food animal practice upon graduation. Applicants with intentions of working in mixed animal practice in rural communities will also be considered.
- Must be a 2nd or 3rd-year veterinary student attending an AVMA-Council on Education accredited school of veterinary medicine located in the United States.
- Must be currently enrolled and in good academic standing.
- Demonstrate an intention to work in a food animal practice, a mixed animal practice, or in a rural community upon graduation.
The application cycle for this scholarship is now closed. Check back here or watch the AVMF Facebook page for more information.
- Applications accepted: September 1 – September 30, 2023
- Applications reviewed: October 1, 2023
- Award notification and check disbursement: 2023 Fall semester