“Scholarship means committing to bettering yourself every day and placing value in education and continuing to learn and grow in every aspect of life.” — Sierra Grubb
The American Veterinary Medical Foundation believes that by investing in the education of America’s veterinary students we play a role in ensuring that future veterinarians have the skills and training necessary to treat our pets, safeguard our food supply and protect public health.
The scholarships below are designed to help students achieve their goals and go into the world and accomplish great things. Students are encouraged to consider both traditional and non-traditional careers as they move forward in their education to understand the many options that the veterinary profession offers.
- AVMF/Arizona Veterinary Medical Association Scholarship
- The Michael and Gail Ames Scholarship
- The Panzero Family Scholarship
- Julie and Wayne Anderson Scholarship
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd-year students attending accredited colleges of veterinary medicine in the United States.
- Second and third-year students may apply for the AzVMA scholarship.
- Other criteria vary by scholarship
- Learn more on the application website
The application cycle for this scholarship is now closed. Check back here or watch the AVMF Facebook page for more information.
- Application accepted: March 1 – May 15
- Application reviewed: May 17, July 15
- Award notification and check disbursement: Fall Semester